Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

An hour and a half. An hour and a half of my life I will never get back was spent waiting in our local "family clinic" waiting to see a doctor. It was split evenly between the waiting room and my patient room. The patient room had no reading material, not even those cool posters showing our human insides. After about 20 minutes sitting patiently on the bed I moved over to one of the chairs, sat in it with my arms on the rests, leaned my head back against the wall, and closed my eyes. Zzzz. I had a brief catnap before I was interrupted by a nurse who dropped by to let me know a doctor would be with me soon (10 minutes later). He stayed with me a grand total of five minutes all to tell me I had a sinus infection which I told him I suspected in the first place. The whole ridiculous irony of the situation is that I have a great doctor in Fort Worth - I hadn't wanted to bother going there because I thought it'd take too long driving the 20 minutes to get there.

No comments: