Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Got Lucky on St. Patrick's Day...

Yes, it's true, I did indeed get lucky. Nine years ago today A.J. proposed to me at DFW airport after having met me only twice before. We are an "internet dating" success story. Now here we sit nine years later with two kids and a love that still continues to grow and flourish. St. Patrick's Day always holds that extra special memory for us.

So what exactly did we do on St. Patrick's Day? We started off the morning with a simple little St. Patrick's Day craft. All the while we were accompanied by the Irish Rovers singing a host of Irish tunes: Black Velvet Band, The Unicorn Song, Whiskey in the Jar, etc.

The artist at work.

At lunch time it was so wonderfully gorgeous outside that we couldn't resist having a picnic out on the deck. This was a fun treat for Ayson who got to eat a little more independently than if we were in the house at the table. And between bites Alex yelled out greetings to golfers on the fairway and to the guy who was treating our lawn.

After several hours of outdoor play with neighbor pal Kylie, we came in to our traditional Irish meal of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I must say though, the idea of it all is much better and appealing than the reality of the actual meal. But A.J. liked it and the boys seemed to enjoy it for the most part. The veggies were good, but I guess I'm just not a big corned beef lover! Let's face it, the Irish are not exactly known for their culinary treasures are they? :)

No comments: