Monday, March 9, 2009

Curtain Calls...

I believe the sleep lady calls them "curtain calls." It refers to those appearances made by little ones after they have been put to bed. I need a drink. I need to go potty. You know the routine. We've been having these "curtain calls" every night lately. Once we have gone through two or three of those it ends up being near 9 o' clock before he actually falls asleep. Alex's curtain calls center around just a few basic themes: Mom, when can I get a new inch worm? - He has had a Lamaze Inch worm since he was 4 months old that no longer plays music, and now he wants a replacement. I'm having trouble getting to sleep - This usually comes 5 minutes after we've left his room. I had a bad dream - again, typically about 5 minutes after we've left his room. I give the little guy credit for being persistent. One thing A.J. and I have learned is that we need to wait a good half hour (after putting Alex to bed) before indulging in any evening snack - popcorn, cookies, ice cream, etc. - if he happens to come out and find us partaking in something yummy, he gets very upset that he doesn't get any!

Sweet dreams my little Alex!

No comments: