Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On My Watch...

The boys and I thoroughly enjoyed our time outside this afternoon. While Alex played construction worker, I pushed Ayson around on Alex's two-wheeler. He never tired of it really. He seems eagar to be able to do a little solo riding but he's got to grow a little longer before he'll be able to reach the pedals on his trike. Later A.J. and I were chatting in the driveway while the boys continued to play. Ayson was playing on his firetruck ride-on toy. At one point he stood up on the seat. I saw him doing this. I should have stopped him sooner rather than...So I am standing there and watch as Ayson tumbles face forward on to the driveway! Fortunately I was only about four feet away. I ran to him and lifted him up to see his upper lip bleeding. Oh it looked awful. I got a wet cloth and dabbed the blood away. Even as A.J. and I were cleaning him up, his little lip started to swell. Great. I let my precious little boy get a fat lip. Fortunately about five minutes later he was off running around outside again as though nothing happened. Kids are so resilient. I'm so thankful for that!! :)

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Cason also did a face plant onto the concrete Monday night at my brother's house in Austin. Now he has a big scab right under his nose. They would look like quite a pair if we got them together.