Saturday, March 14, 2009

Paper, Plastic...or Cloth??

I don't buy 100% of the whole global warming thing. I think there are parts that may be true, and that there are some things that could be damaging to us or the earth - but lets just say I'm not an Al Gore fan. That said, I do believe in being a good steward of what we've been given, and trying to conserve energy, and do things to protect our earth & it's inhabitants, etc. where it is possible and affordable. A while back A.J. and I bought several reusable cloth (partly made from recycled materials even!) bags to use for our shopping. Can I just tell you I Iove these bags? Seriously! I can buy my groceries, etc. and everything fits in to these bags (they're larger than they appear). I dig coming home from shopping and don't have all the annoying plastic bags to mess with - I just unload the bags and then toss them back in to my car when I've finished. Now if we can get some solar panels on our roof, a wind turbine in our back yard, new energy efficient windows (if you saw ours, you'd know what I mean!), and two electric cars, we'll be all set! :)

1 comment:

Malinda said...

I'm with you. I can fit all my groceries in just 3 or 4 bags, and you can put them over your shoulder. I have two insulated ones that I love for cold items. I bought them in Austin and I wish I would have bought more, they even zip closed. I'm all about recycling, but I would use them now even if I didn't care about recycling.