Check out what Alex has accomplished over the past couple of days! Do you believe it? No more training wheels! Alex, we are so proud of you! With Alex being our cautious kid both A.J. and I thought he would be using training wheels well in to his sixth year! I guess he showed us! He has even gotten daring enough to go from the driveway all the way down the hill in our yard (at full speed) to the edge of the golf course! I foresee a new bicycle in his future!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Lik-M-Stix and Bicycles...
Today after lunch, Alex was perusing through his Valentine's stash and pulled out some candy. He pulled out Lik-M-Stix (aka Fun Dip or Lik-M-Aid). I've never had this choice candy before but A.J. fondly remembers it from his childhood. It looked pretty disgusting to me - pure sugar stick that you lick and then dip in colored, flavored sugar. Mmm, sounds good doesn't it? Alex thought it was delectable as you can see from the dark-stained lips. Couldn't you just kiss him?! I guess it's no worse than some of the candies I liked from my childhood. Remember Pixie Sticks (both the small paper straw version and the giant plastic straw version), Bottle Caps, Wax Lips, Candy Cigarettes (which I'd never even think of letting my kids have these days!), and the little wax soda bottles with juice in them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment