Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Alex Visits Kindergarten...

This morning I was excited to take Alex for a tour of his prospective school where he'll begin kindergarten. He was all good manners and big eyes as we visited the various classrooms, etc. It was good for him to be able to visit while school was actually in progress and be able to witness the enthusiasm of the students and teachers. I was yet again impressed with everything I saw at this school (my second visit). The kindergarten teacher is extremely innovative, energetic, enthusiastic and so well-loved by students and parents alike (I wish you could see the things she does throughout the school year for/with her students - she's pretty amazing). From the beginning we have been less than enthusiastic about putting Alex (& later Ayson) in the public school system, and I have felt some inner tension over what options we might have available for him. A.J. and I feel such a peace about this school and we know that it's the right place for our kids. It may all seem ridiculous to be fretting over something like this at the kindergarten level, but I know it will pay off in the boy's futures to be diligent about these little things now.
Obama's speech is over now. It sounded more like a State of the Union Address - shining citizen examples, lots of standing ovations, reporters gushing. Hmmm. I don't know what to think anymore. I hope a year from now we're all still prospering. There. That's as deep as I'll ever get on this blog. Scary hey?
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Malinda said...

That's a great photo of Alex. He is such a big boy now.