Last night A.J. and I had a "date" to an auction and catered dinner benefit for Alex's school-to-be. We were suprised to see several people we already knew, and then had the pleasure of meeting many new people as well. What a load of fun we had. The auction was fantastic with everything from sporting events, golf & hunting carts, tropical vacations, ski vacation and even a safari in Africa (of course these are only the tip of the auction iceberg). Of course the best selling items were projects made by the kids from each grade - parents were vying like crazy for those items, and we saw the bids go well over $800 per item. It was simply amazing. I told A.J. we better start saving now, because I really would like to be able to place the winning bid next year for Alex's classroom project! I have to tell you one of the most fun things I thought they did though was have each table decorated by a hostess. Below are pictures of only a few. What fun that would be to decorate a table and be able to go crazy with creativity! Throughout the event people were able to go around and vote on their favorite table by placing money in a little box at that table - the one with the most money wins "Hostess With the Mostess" - complete with a tiara, flowers, satin sash and a tacky decorative vase. It was such fun. We'll be marking our calendar again for next February!
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Western Fling
Map it Out
Campbell's Soup: M'mm M'mm Good

No comments:
Post a Comment