Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Can We Have Some Sun Around Here??

I love a good rain. I love how it greens up the grass in our yard and on the golf course. I know we need it here in Texas right now. So I am grateful. Really. But could we just have a sunny day around here soon? The boys were able to play outside yesterday before lunch briefly but then it started to rain a bit so they both came in. After lunch I mentioned to Alex that it looked like the rain had stopped but he said he didn't want to be outside when it was grey and gloomy out. Poor kid. I didn't remind him that once summer hits we'll all be wishing for a few days like this! :)

Yesterday Alex said he was going to pretend to play egg hunt, so he hid a bunch of goodies outside and then went hunting. Notice the green patch near where he crouches? The day we were leaving to go camping I noticed my poor cilantro and marjoram were in desperate need of being placed in the earth, so in a rush I stuck them in a blank spot of ground. They're pretty pathetic right now. We're going to need to replant or buy new ones and try it again with a little more thought this time.

Ayson. He actually stopped and smiled for this picture! Can you believe it?

This morning after Alex had gotten ready for school, I found him in the playroom sitting with his laptop and playing games. Notice the headband he has on? I've seen some hip urban guys using headbands (David Beckham for one) here and there so I guess Alex is more fashion forward than I thought! No, we didn't let him go to school this way!!

No comments: