Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Man I Married...

My wonderful hubby and I have been married almost nine years now. He is an awesome man of God, and an amazing husband and father [he's probably going to roll his eyes when he reads this!]. I love his work ethic and business acumen that shows through in his businesses, and in his dealings with his clients. What can I say? He's a wonderful guy and I'm the lucky girl who caught him! :) Now he is adding a run for city council to his list of things he'd like to do. I hope so much that he does well, I think it'll bother me more than him if he shouldn't get elected. Today he did something he never previously would have done before in his lifetime - he went to the local tea party protest. I was really proud of him for letting his voice be heard. What a cool thing to exercise that freedom. It seems like we all appreciate the freedom to vote, but then we just leave it at that. How awesome is it that we have the freedom to let our representatives know how we feel about the job they're doing through peaceful protest? After dinner, A.J., the boys and I went to the tea party together so Alex could see what it was all about. It was an awesome sight with at least 500 people there (while we were there). The people looked like us: professionals, veterans, grandparents, families (including their kidlets). Everything was very orderly and respectful. It was quite impressive and even fun. Who knew tea parties could be fun even without the tea and the crumpets and scones?!

My two little protesters! :)

No comments: