Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Everyone Knows It's Windy..."

When people think of the Texas climate they use words like hot, humid, unbearable. I heartily agree that all of those descriptions are true. But I'm not sure people would be aware of how often we have really windy weather (especially in the winter and spring it seems). Not gentle breezes mind you - I'm talking hardcore wind. Today is such a day. The winds are between 35 and 50 mph (so my weather.com friend says). On days such as this I want to hunker down on the couch and read a good book or take a nap...

Since Nanny had Ayson today, Alex and I decided to go on a mommy/son date. We energized ourselves with a stop at the donut shop, and then drove to our main destination, the library. (note: the wind was strong enough that I had to use my whole body to pull the door to the library closed!)We had the best time. Alex was quickly pulling out books and placing them on the table next to the shelves, and then we sat together and just read book after book. It was fun for just the two of us to be together. We haven't done that in a long time. On our way out we found the library was having a book sale in their community room, so we walked over there and loaded up on more books. Can you really have too many books? I think not!

My date for the library (cozying up with our kitty, Ash).

1 comment:

Malinda said...

That is one fat cat you have there.