We've made it through the weekend with two days of 100+ temperatures. It's actually been bearable...just. Amazingly, Alex was outside playing all day. It reminded me how, when you're a kid, you just don't seem to be overly affected by weather and temperatures. Remember those days of being outside all day long in the summer with the sun shining down on you turning your skin a pretty golden brown? I don't ever remember being too hot or sweaty back then. A.J. and I were brave yesterday evening when it was 103 degrees and, in the shade, it felt...okay. Enough so that we were actually out for a couple hours watching the kids play. Even so we still weren't as active as the kids were, their cheeks a bright pink from the heat. They busily blew bubbles and chased them seemingly oblivious to these ridiculous temperatures. Tomorrow is another hot one. I foresee a water slide, and a picnic on the deck in our future!
For kicks, here is what our car thermometer read as we were going in to the car wash (hence the bubbles on the windshield) this afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment