Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part...

Yesterday I took the boys to Target to pick up a few things.  They were in rare form during our brief shopping excursion.  Both boys decided to up the voice volume, act incredibly goofy, and made sure to attract at least a few stares from customers.  Ayson capped off the trip by emitting a man-sized burp as we were headed to the checkout lane, followed by an eruption of giggles from both boys.  I did my best to try and prevent all of these things from happening but my best defense was to speed through that store at lightening speed to get us out of there.  As I was driving home the antics continued.  I tuned them out briefly and recognized that we all were indeed ready for school to start up again.

Alex has been seemingly excited about school beginning, especially after our "meet the teacher & ice cream social" Sunday evening.  But last night his anxieties began to surface.  He had a hard time getting to sleep, and kept pondering the unknown (boy can I relate).  I felt so bad for him and tried to reassure him that he would really enjoy first grade and do well - what else can you say? I knew the one thing that would really make him feel better was just to get the first day of school going.

So today he awoke and was in a good mood - no sign of anxiety.  A.J., Ayson and I took him to his classroom and watched him get settled in.  We stood and watched.  We took pictures.  We watched some more.  Then A.J. said we should go so Mrs. Wood could actually get her day started.  Sigh.  :)  
I think he looks ready to get his day going! :)
Let the school year begin!

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

He is so grown up! I hope is first day is GREAT! I am praying for him and everyone at Holy Cross.

Aunt Jennifer said...

Just noticed in the pictures a little pig with wheels on everyones desk...what is that??

Freebies, Deals, Coupons, and More said...

Sarah looked at these pictures and the first thing she said was that she wished she could wear uniforms again to school...she really liked the simplicity of choice :) Have a great time at school Alex!