Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wrapping Up Summer...

I had the first glimpse earlier this week that Alex was ready for school to start when he exclaimed to me, "Mom, I'm bored."  That's the first time he's ever uttered those words, believe it or not.  From my perspective I don't see how he could possibly be bored as his days have been filled with play dates, fun activities, and some great new toys for his birthday.  Yes, this surely must mean that he's ready for the new school year!

The boys have even managed to occasionally play [nicely] together!!
A few evenings ago, Ayson (who is really in to games now) pulled out Twister (a game which had never even been used before) and wanted to play it, so we pulled it out and set it up in Ayson's room.  It was difficult for the boys to play, but they did their best, and A.J. and I even joined in.  It didn't take us long before we found ourselves intertwined like a pretzel and laughing hysterically.
This morning the boys, Nanny and I spent a few hours at the splash pad & playground.  We're trying to squeeze in as much fun as possible before we are forced back in to our school schedule! And lucky Alex gets to spend the night at Nanny & Grampy's tonight.  I foresee an evening bubble bath in the kiddie pool, and a late evening for that little guy!
As chaotic as this summer has been, I'm going to miss our time together.  It's gone by entirely too fast.  I will miss morning snuggles with Alex while he's watching Arthur, afternoons when the boys played on the water slide for hours, lunch picnics (before we hit the 100+ temperatures, that is),  being able to let the boys stay up a little later, watching the boys ride their JD tractors at 8:30 in the morning, the list goes on.  It'll be fun to see the arrival of autumn though, and all the excitement it brings.  A bientot, summer!

No comments: