I came to the conclusion the other day that my Ayson is the personification of Pig Pen, the Peanuts character.
Don't think I'm being cruel or unkind to my little guy. I think he is the most adorable munchkin ever. But it's like this. In the morning, he's fresh and clean from head to toe before he heads off for a day of play. But within five minutes - five minutes! - of being outside, he will look as though he hasn't had a bath in days. You think I'm exaggerating. But no. He somehow manages to sweat like crazy, and get dirt on his face, hands/fingernails, legs, clothes, and sometimes even his feet (those are the times he feels the need to spontaneously frolic sans shoes through our grass-free - aka dirt - area by the playground set). It's like clockwork. I've found it necessary to make wet wipes a virtual accessory to my person. If I need to make a mid-morning trip to the grocery store, it will almost certainly mean Ayson is going to need a change of clothes and a wash-down from head to toe to be presentable. Fortunately, he's not like Pig Pen year round, mostly just the hot summer months! :)
On a slightly different note, Pig Pen and I spent an hour or two learning to play Cariboo, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Candy Land, and then doing the giant alphabet train puzzle. Hi Ho Cherry-O was his favorite, with Cariboo coming in a close second. Unfortunately we had to put Cariboo up after one game because he wanted to high tail it out of the playroom with all of the balls from the game in his mouth and hands. I was excited how quickly he picked up on the games though - it'll give us a little playtime variety which is always good.
I love my little Pig Pen!

1 comment:
I always wonder why Cason's hands are always sticky even if he's been inside all day. I don't know how they manage to get so dirty.
We are going to have to get together soon because Cason asks me daily where Alex and Ayson are.
Post a Comment