Don't get me wrong. I like the Pioneer Woman, I really do. As a matter of fact many of my friends as well as other bloggers I follow read her blog. Ree is witty, intelligent, has great aesthetic tastes, and knows tons about photography. And boy she sure makes living on a working ranch in the middle of Oklahoma with a handsome cowboy husband sound very appealing.
So several people I know have the Pioneer Woman's cookbook and love her creations. I really love to cook, so I was interested in checking out some of her recipes. On her blog I perused a good number of them. She makes everything sound and look absolutely scrumptious. So I decided to try some things out. I really want to like her recipes. The problem is, my family and I only really liked one of the many recipes we tried (the caramelized onion and prosciutto pizza if you must know). A lot of the recipes required a lot - I mean a lot of butter. It's just not right I tell ya. Maybe we're a picky family - I mean it sure seems like everyone else loves the recipes. Anyway, I'm not going to totally give up trying a few more of her recipes - yet. I want to like them because I like her. Don't let me down Pioneer Woman!
2 comments:
I love your new blog design!! I could eat my weight in that pizza. Try the cinnamon rolls and the meatloaf.
I've tried the chicken spaghetti and it was pretty good. I hear her spicy mac n cheese is amazing but I haven't tried it.
Post a Comment