Friday evening I was outside with the boys and somehow tore part of the leg of my favorite shorts! This has been what seems like an ongoing trend for me over the past six months. Just go out and buy replacements you say, but sometimes it's not that easy. I have three favorite things in particular that have developed holes or small tears...
- This very specific pair of Gap Long & Lean jeans. I love the material, the wash and the way they hang really slouchy on me. I do actually have three other pairs of Long & Leans but they're not the same. Know what I mean?
- My khaki shorts. They're nothing fancy. Plain Old Navy. They have a 5 inch inseam and don't overly hug my hips. I have a pair in white too but you can see colors through them, and when you happen to have lots of colored and patterned unmentionables, that narrows the frequency that I wear them somewhat. Do you think Old Navy carries them now? Nope.
- And my most irreplaceable of all? This stripey J. Crew tee. I got it in 1986! Oh stop it with your I-can't-believe-you-still-wear-that chiding! :) It is so comfortable and a true classic J. Crew. Did you know that J. Crew started up it's catalog business in 1983? They were not the J. Crew that you see today - they were much better. They actually embroidered "J. Crew Outfitters" on their tags back then (see below). I miss the old J. Crew. Sigh.
I haven't been able to bring myself to toss my three favorites yet. Perhaps when I find what feels like suitable replacements. Note to self: Next time I find something I really like I'm going to by multiples so I have plenty of back stock for the future! :)
5 comments:
Target has some Mossimo shorts that I love this season...not too long, not too short.
I remember all 3 items! I'm heartbroken for you. Mom.
Okay, I'll go ahead and say it. It's time to buy some new clothes. That shirt is 24 years old!!! Although I do have some Spirit of Joshua sweatpants from 1989 so maybe I should not be talking.
I so understand....I think I have some shirts that old :) Once the get comfy you just hate to let go of them! I so need new things but it's hard to find something I like well enough to justify paying for.
Post a Comment