Thursday, June 10, 2010

Let's Make A Deal...

Alex loves dinosaurs. He loves reading about them, watching movies about them - he just loves dinosaurs. Over the weekend he saw a kid produced mini-movie made on YouTube featuring Spike the Dinosaur. You've probably seen Spike at Target over the Christmas season. He's the giant remote control dinosaur that rears up on it's hind legs, roars, lights up, etc. Ever since Alex saw the mini-movie on YouTube, he's been requesting a Spike of his own. Actually his mind has been going in to overdrive on how he could acquire one. I told him I wasn't going to buy him a remote control dino for $130. Could he get it for his birthday? I won't say no, but I won't say yes either. The wheels kept turning. He left me standing in the kitchen and returned minutes later carrying a Candy Land game and exclaimed, "I've got it! Let's make a deal! Let's play Candy Land. If I win, you buy me Spike, if you win, you don't have to." I told him I wasn't going for that deal but that I would play with him. He continued on as though he hadn't heard a word I said. After a few brief turns my lucky opponent was near the finish line. It was almost too good to be real...hmmm...too good to be real. I asked if he had arranged the cards in his favor...aka stacked the deck...and he desperately tried to remain serious though his cheesy grin gave him away...



Today while at Target, Alex spotted the new remote control Buzz Lightyear that does everything imaginable (it is cute). Alex told me he just had to have it. Price? $130. Sigh.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

He's like a mini used car salesman! That's funny.

Malinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.