Thursday, June 3, 2010

Every Day Needs To Be Like This...

We were off to a good start on our summer vacation yesterday. It was one of those rare days when the stars and planets were aligned and we all were in good moods at the same time. You know those days. We had a lot of fun. Because I was anticipating it being a very hot day, I had the boys outside by 8:30 a.m. so they could play without baking in the hot sun. A few hours later we had the kiddie pool filled with water, and the real fun began for the boys. They chased each other and splashed and soaked each other - I could hear their belly laughs as I made their picnic lunches. It made me smile.




We may be losing some of our grass due to all the shade we have, but I wouldn't trade that shade for anything! The boys were able to dine on the top tier of the deck in shady comfort as they enjoyed their sandwiches, blackberries, applesauce, and rice cakes. There was an occasional break in their eating so they could stand up from their chairs and shake their little "groove thang" to some rockin' music. Then it was back to eating.


What? Me? Oh, I was kicking back on the deck enjoying the light breeze and getting a kick out of watching two crazy boys. And I'll tell you, blackberries are delightful right now!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Very Fun! I love days like that.