Sunday, July 5, 2009

Raising An Activist...

July 4th began with a morning party...tea party, that is. A.J. took Alex to his 2nd "Tea Party" where he got to help celebrate those in the armed forces as well as our veterans; and then hear several people speak on many topics that were way over his head. But he seems to enjoy going to these events, and they provide good discussion topics for he and A.J. I appreciate that these events along with seeing and hearing what his parents (especially Daddy) do and say will give him a firm base for what he believes and knows to be true about the foundation of our government and the constitution. It's my hope that he and Ayson will learn to be involved and informed citizens - independent thinkers, and not just rely on peers, media, schools, etc. to tell them what they should believe. I think I hear "God Bless America" being hummed in the distance as I type this...:)




No comments: