Thursday, June 25, 2009
Murphy's Law #23...
I know better. Just before getting the boys ready for bedtime yesterday evening, I told A.J. that I was anticipating a quiet relaxing evening. Ding ding ding ding! The warning bells had to have been going off somewhere in my head but I just couldn't hear them! My first real clue that things were not going to be going well was that Ayson did not go to sleep peacefully as he usually does. He was crying for a while after I left his room. Eventually I went in to check on him and realized that he had a low-grade fever. But I gave him a nice dose of Tylenol to help him sleep peacefully. I stood next to his crib for about 20 minutes hoping he'd doze off to dreamland relatively quickly. Finally, after about 20 minutes, I left his room with him still awake. But he was quiet so I was fairly sure he'd get to sleep eventually. I was asleep by 10:00 p.m. - and then I was awake about an hour and a half later. Ayson was crying again and calling, "Mommay...mommay." So I went in to his room and stood by his crib again. He was wide awake. I was so tired and just wanted to sleep. So I pulled three blankets out of the basket from his shelf - one folded up for my pillow, and the other two to cover me up - and I made a makeshift bed beside his crib. I slept there for an hour and then safely returned to my own bed for about a half hour when it happened again. This time both A.J. and I went in. He was just wide awake. In between all of this we had one (I think, but I was actually so tired I can't really remember) trip to Alex's room as well. Actually, maybe it was twice to Alex's room. I'm not sure. Oh, I'm so tired. I'm going to go to bed. Zzzzz...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment