My own husband is in a run-off election in our small little town of Joshua. It's been very interesting, to say the least, watching as my husband has carefully campaigned his way throughout this town of 5,700. His message has been unwavering from beginning to end, and he has done it all without any hand-holding from anyone else in Joshua. He is fair and honest above reproach. Just ask any of his long-standing clients, both in Joshua and the Fort Worth metroplex area. He has been the only candidate who has made the effort to engage the people of this fair town, and I know for a fact that he will be the only one who will do so after the election - win or lose. It's all that important to him. I know he is the better candidate. I know he is not a "yes man." Every idea he has put forth was his and his alone - I don't believe we can say the same for his opponent. I believe he took his opponent & the rest of the city council by surprise. They thought this would be an easy win. His opponent has made some half-hearted attempts to follow A.J.'s lead by attempting some of the same campaign ideas, but he clearly decided to forgo much of it, probably because he discovered it was a lot of work and he didn't want to commit to doing that. The only real campaign changes I've seen in A.J.'s opponent are bigger signs and a bigger ad. Still no clear message though. And if his opponent is re-elected, I know it'll be more of the same - another "yes" vote (so as not to upset the city council consensus), someone who doesn't make himself (along with the other council members) readily available/accessible to the people of Joshua, and someone who does not seem to have a good handle on what's going on in his own city! Not the sort of person I want in my town's city council.
Inform yourself more by visiting this site: www.ajmathieu.com/blog
Additional campaign information: http://www.voteforaj.com/
Michell Nunnally - Mille Fleurs Photography 2008

1 comment:
Great family portrait.
Must be a very talented photographer.
Post a Comment