I know how to swim. I don't do most of the real swim strokes, though I learned how to do all of them in my mandatory swim classes throughout high school. I'm the person you'll see in the pool who does part breast stroke with a little side stroke mixed in - or, more likely, I'll be hanging on to a noodle or just floating around aimlessly. I never really cared about even being in the water until I moved to Texas 11 years ago to marry my true love. My first summer experience here, I realized how much more bearable a water/pool would make things. Unfortunately my dearest husband grew up in Texas with a pool at his house and was all too aware of the work that comes with pool ownership, and he was not really interested in taking that on. I can't say I really blame him. Now here we are 11 years later. I've grown tired of having to haul the boys and all of their gear in the car to swim someplace else. I decided this year that I was going to throw our backyard curb appeal out the window in the name of comfort and convenience. For the duration of the summer the boys will be using this! So far it has been the best invested whopping $15 we've spent. The boys have used it for hours just about every day. I've even "waded" in it briefly to cool down from my perch on the deck watching them have sword fights in the water with the foam noodles, wrestle, play with snorkles, floaties, balls and boats. It has brought the mommy part of me much joy. Perhaps one quiet evening when the boys have gone to bed and A.J. is at his city council meeting (and there are no golfers in sight), I'll sneak outside for a little evening float all by myself! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment