Thursday, December 16, 2010

Be Sure To...

Remember on Christmas Story when Ralphie gets his Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring in the mail? The day he got it, he and Randy plopped down in front of the radio to listen to the Little Orphan Annie Show. He eagerly waited for Pierre to divulge the secret code so he could decipher, in the privacy of the upstairs bathroom, the important message Annie had for him.  Everyone remembers the message..."Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." 

For some reason about a month ago I bought some Ovaltine at Target.  I don't know if I've ever bought it before (even though I remember having it occasionally as a kid and liking it), but I think it will be a staple on my shopping list for some time to come.  A.J. drinks the stuff daily - hot or cold - he likes it.  It actually has some nutritional value along the lines of Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks, so it's yet another added source of calories for Alex (especially when made with whole milk).  What's not good about that?!

For me, while I might occasionally partake in a cup of hot, creamy Ovaltine, my cozy up drink of choice remains this...

I've loved the Via ready brew packets since the day Starbucks came out with them.  They are so nice to have on hand for a spot of afternoon java, and let me tell you, you'll get an awesome cup of coffee - strong and full-bodied - just the way I like it! Starbucks is definitely not the end all be all of coffee vendors, but I love them for this creation!

No comments: