Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Three and a Half Days...

Three and a half days.  That's all it took for our bathroom remodel.  Well, ten months and three and a half days.  There are reasons and legitimate excuses for it taking that long to complete the remodel.  First and foremost let me say that my hubby is a great handyman.  Okay, 'nuf said there. :) Late last year we began discussing the idea of a remodel in the master bath.  A.J. wanted to do the job himself.  I was reluctant with my one question being, "Do you think you'll be able to get a project that substantial completed in a reasonable amount of time? I'm just not sure if I want to have our bathroom in upheaval for a long period of time." "Yes, I think I can do it!" He said, sheepishly grinning, trying to reassure me (and secretly, I think himself).  The only problem is that because of work, city council, etc. he was predominantly only able to work on the bathroom on weekends.  And of course (and I don't blame him) there were weekends where he just wanted to relax.  As the months wore on, he said he was beginning to feel like the project was hanging over his head.  It didn't help that everytime he walked in to our room he had to look at our deconstructed bathroom.  So after many, many...many months, we finally decided to have outside help! Our bathroom isn't fully completed yet.  We still need to get the cool shower door we have in mind (for now we'll use a shower curtain), and get a new toilet (which will be installed very soon!).  But.  The bulk of the grunt work is done - the remaining work is the fun stuff.  No big reveal-type pictures yet, but a few pictures depicting the stages of the work...
 Nice 80's wallpaper, rose-colored roman shade...
 How appropriate that A.J. was wearing an Extreme Home Makeover t-shirt! Underneath the 80's floral wallpaper we discovered a groovy gold, orange & olive floral 70's wallpaper. 
 The bathroom looked like this except with new drywall and concrete floors for about 6 months or so!
 Drywall...
 Let the wall texture (adios popcorn ceiling!) & tile begin...
The shower wall, floor, bench...

No comments: