Saturday was Joshua's Fall Festival. A.J. was the grill master at the Citizen's Police Academy/Joshua Police Dept. tent. That guy can grill up some tasty hot dogs! They also had a spot set up for people to have their pictures taken next to a JPD vehicle wearing some cool police gear. We got a good one of Alex and our fine Captain (who I kept calling Lieutenant for some reason!). All money raised benefits the Joshua Police Dept.
Would you believe that for the third weekend in a row, we have had yet another encounter with fire trucks?! I think this may be a record for us! To the boys it doesn't matter. Every truck is just as cool, every fire man rocks! While I was busy chatting away with the fire chief, Aunt Jennifer took these adorable pictures of the boys in bunker gear. (thanks jp)
I think the boys have quite a bit of growing to do! But what fine, handsome wannabe fire men they make! :)
At one point the high school mascot, an owl, came over to greet the boys. Alex went over to it and hugged it. Ayson began backing away from it toward me, which for Ace was a little unusual since he will usually hug anything furry. But I knew he was intrigued, since he's consistently said he wants to be an owl for Halloween. After the mascot walked away, Ayson watched it for a while from afar. Not more than five minutes later he said he wanted to go hug the owl afterall. So he and I walked hand in hand over to the owl, but as soon as we got close he grabbed on to my leg and had a change of heart. He did however give it "5." On our way back to say goodbye to Daddy, Ayson looked up at me and said, "That owl is scary!" He is so funny!
So our first trip to our fair city's fall festival was a good one. The boys were well-entertained and it was fun to see the city staff, the JPD and the JFD/CareFlite out and about - they're a great group of people. We look forward to going back next fall to an even bigger and better fall festival!
2 comments:
I am happy the pictures came out well! I had a great time hanging out with you all :) Love you.
I am happy the pictures came out well! I had a great time hanging out with you all :) Love you.
Post a Comment