I think he may need to work on his shooting posture a bit! :)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
My Life is the Christmas Story...
More and more lately A.J. and I have been seeing some comical, if not startling similarities between Alex and Ayson, and the brothers, Ralphie and Randy, from The Christmas Story. Alex is the day dreaming Ralphie, slightly "responsible" older child. Perpetually annoyed by his pesky younger brother. He even has some vocal qualities when he's serious that remind me of Ralphie. Ayson is the cotton-topped younger brother Randy with eating habits to match. He follows Alex & his friends around, isn't a big talker but is a screamer. He also does a phony laugh that is a dead ringer for Randy. It almost scares me. :) A.J. and I are trying hard not to fall in to the footsteps of Ralphie & Randy's parents - I think I have more to worry about than A.J. in that respect! If I yell (which I do) the boys names I have visions of Ralphie's frantic, high-strung mom yelling "Ralphie!!!" Oi. The height of my comparisons, however, came Saturday evening when Alex came to A.J. begging to try out A.J.'s childhood Daisy bb rifle. I was not overly comfortable with the idea - I literally had to stop myself from saying the quote - you know what it is! 'You'll shoot your eye out!" A.J. reassured me he would be supervising and even put some protective eyewear on Ralph...er...Alex. For the record, Alex was a pretty good shot (he seemed to think he would have done better if he'd had a scope though! Ha!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment