But there is only so much a kid can take I guess, before things start to unravel a bit. I'm attributing it to the ridiculously intense month + preparation for the STAAR tests, as well as the fact that we're nearing the end of the school year. See, my kidlet has been averaging about one conduct mark per week since the beginning of this 6-week grading period. On the back of his homework folder the teachers mark any conduct issues with a description of said offense. I have to say a couple of them have made me chuckle to myself...
Last week..."Making faces: sticking pencil in his mouth like a walrus."
Today..."Making paper origami."
Today..."Making paper origami."
Of course we remind Alex of respectful behavior and abiding by the rules; and then we lighten up a bit and remind him that there are only eight weeks of school left, then he's home free!!
No comments:
Post a Comment