Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Boys and BBs...

The other day A.J. came home from work with some goodies that he was excited to share with the boys. He had gathered his bb and pellet guns and targets, along with new protective eye-wear for the boys. They headed out to the back yard where he conducted a gun safety lesson for them and then they spent a good deal of time learning how to shoot and [hopefully] hit the targets. I know just about anything gun-related is a sensitive subject these days, but I felt good knowing that the boys were learning proper gun safety and responsibility from their Daddy, and all in a safe and controlled environment.  Like most boys, they really thought it was a lot of fun. Alex easily hit the targets while Ayson, well, he shot some bbs...what can we say? :) This was all followed by some archery practice and then, finally, their awesome rubber band guns. It did cross my mind to utter, "You'll shoot your eye out!" a la the mom on Christmas Story, but I refrained (actually I think Alex said it instead).
 Gun safety first and foremost!

 Ayson learning how to aim...
Alex's rubberband rifle from JM Cremps!

Love that these boys get to do the things that boys over the decades have enjoyed getting to do. And that they have an engaged Daddy who loves to do things with them and mentor them on their path to becoming responsible adults. They're lucky young little men!

No comments: