Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What You Can't See...

See that cute little derriere? What you can't tell by looking at that picture is that my little mister has on big boy underpants (boxer briefs, to be exact)! Now hold on there with the congratulations.  We're not there yet.

After our first experience potty training, I've been really...scared (There.  I said it.).  I detest potty-training more than just about any parenting responsibility thus far.  But I'm taking the whole thing day by day.  And, for us as parents, we've had some minor victories compared to our first go around.  The good news: he actually doesn't mind wearing undies or using the potty.  The bad news: he doesn't tell us he needs to go until after the fact.  So be it.  We'll keep plugging away until we get it right.  See how laid back I am about it? I'm really cool like that.  I'm lying.  I'm not really laid back about it.  But, as I was told with potty training the first time, he won't go to kindergarten in diapers.  Please Lord, let that be true!

Updates to follow.  :)

1 comment:

Malinda said...

You and I are in the same boat right now. (Although it feels like a sinking ship.) I'm sure, or at least I'm telling myself that, both of our boys will be potty trained before we know it! Right?