Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love You Everyday...

Happy Valentine's Day!! This is always such a fun day.  In the past it was about A.J. and I, and while I still like the romance of the day, it's become more about family fun than anything.  Besides that, I don't want A.J. to do something because it's obligatory.  He loves me every day - and I know it! :) But we enjoyed giving the boys sweet little Valentine's gift bags each with a book, a few little trinkets, some chocolates and homemade "love notes" for each telling them the many reasons we love them so much.
The boys gift bags and "love notes"



So it's been a non-stop Valentine celebration for the boys.  This afternoon we went to Alex's class Valentine party.  More candy.  More trinkets.  More cards.  Crazy kid fun...


The "nice smiles" picture.
The "goof" picture.
This evening we dined at home.  It was fabulous! Really.  The boys were even excited to have a Valentine's  dinner.  I catered with delight, to their manly appetites - a real man's dinner! Pork baby back ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted butternut squash with sage, and the best homemade bread.  Delish! All of it.  Alex was thrilled to hear I had four leftover ribs and has already laid claim to them! I feel pretty special! Score one for Mommy!!

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!  Hugs & Kisses!

No comments: