Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me...

I've learned to enjoy my own birthday a little more over the years.  It's such a sweet thing watching my boys learn to celebrate others, and it certainly makes my day when they're celebrating me! :)  This year's birthday I awoke to two bright smiling faces, both giving me a hardy "Happy Birthday Mommy!" followed by big hugs.  Two minutes later they began their early morning ritual of Ayson pushing Alex's buttons and Alex reacting and yelling, "Mom!!! Ayson won't leave me alone!" Sigh.  Well, I guess one can only expect good behavior for so long! :)

Later in the evening, A.J. and I decided to go to Sushi Axiom for dinner - sans kids, thank you very much!  I love the atmosphere there - modern, yet very warm and cozy.  And the food is delish! We shared four rolls between the two of us: a salmon roll, a vegetable roll, a cajun roll and then, the one I was most looking forward to, the crawfish dynamite.   Here is the description of the crawfish dynamite: baked crawfish over a roll of crab & cream cheese topped with dynamite sauce.  The first three were absolutely scrumptious.  The first time we tried the crawfish dynamite, I couldn't get enough of it.  But this time around, while still tasty, it ended up being way too rich for both of us.  We ended up not even being able to finish it.  We came to the conclusion that we prefer the "clean" sushi with nothing more than a dribble of sauce at best.  We're becoming so sophisticated (sarcasm intended there!).

After dinner we popped on over to A.J.'s parent's (who were so wonderful to take care of the boys) house.  Nanny let Alex decorate with lots of streamers and balloons.  He definitely does not subscribe to the less is more theory - there were streamers everywhere...everywhere.  So we shared cake and opened a few more presents and enjoyed some pleasant company...while the boys went wild.

So. Another birth year.  I'm blessed.  I have my heart's desires (all three of them). I have the challenges & satisfaction of motherhood to keep life busy and never boring! I have the sweetness of a wonderful church to challenge, encourage, stretch and bless me (and my family).  I have the adoration of my two boys and the love of a very good man.  Life is good.  Very good.

2 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! We are blessed and thankful to have you as part of our family!

Freebies, Deals, Coupons, and More said...

Glad to see you had a good birthday! Wish we had been there...sushi sounds wonderful :)