Saturday, January 8, 2011

Date With A Birth Mom - The Outcome...

This morning we had the pleasure of having our birth family over to our house to see Ayson and visit with us.  As is the case with many situations, I'm now able to look back to a few short days ago and realize I worried for nothing.  We had a nice clean house and a lovely array of brunch-type snacks to graze on, and the boys were pretty well-behaved.  You would think that meetings like this would be tense or awkward, but I can honestly say that every time we have gotten together, it has been very relaxed, easy-going and fun.  This time was no exception.  For the several hours they were here, we were able to catch up with each other and watch them get re-acquainted with Ayson.  It was interesting watching Ayson.  He was generally on the reserved side which surprised me.  I had thought that being on his home turf, he would be his typical wild-child self.  Toward the end of the visit he was much more comfortable with his birth mom and her family though, and we were beginning to get glimpses of the "real" Ayson.  It was a wonderful visit - we couldn't have wished for it to be any better than it was.  And at the age Ayson is at right now, the simplicity of the visit is what we need.  The day will come upon us soon enough when we will begin to navigate the wonderful, yet complex story of adoption.  For now we're so happy for him to know and experience this great love from his "other" family.
Ayson & Jordan

Poor Jordan couldn't escape the he-man hugs from Ayson! He was totally attached to her!

Ayson with Candice and Jordan.

We are so lucky she is Ayson's birth mom! We love her!

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

What a beautiful young lady Candice is. I am happy to hear the visit went well. I would have spent many a sleepless night preparing for a day like that! I know Candice saw what we already know...tha you are a kind a loving family who is raising a beautiful little boy who is going to become a wonderful young man.

Freebies, Deals, Coupons, and More said...

Jennifer is so right! You guys are exactly what this little guy needed and I know she can see it. I'm so happy it went well for you. Thanks for the update. I was thinking about you guys all weekend wondering how it went.

Shannon said...

So great to hear that it went well :)