Monday, May 31, 2010

Pomp & Circumstance...

Wednesday evening marked the end of my oldest baby's kindergarten career. He has been proudly exclaiming for easily two weeks, "I'm almost a first grader! And I get to have my very own desk!" I hope he continues with that enthusiasm throughout the remainder of his schooling! :)

Graduation was super sweet with lots of singing and sentimental moments. They sure know how to tug at your heartstrings. Afterwards they had a fabulous evening reception under a giant tree covered in white lights on the lawn - more food and goodies than you can imagine. We'll be looking forward to all that first grade will have to offer for the munchkin in the coming school year!



These are actually two of only a few pictures we have of Alex singing. That's because a lot of the time...



...he was just doing this...



A.J. and I both suspect he was not paying much attention during the weeks of song rehearsals they had! In the end it didn't matter though, because he still ended up getting his diploma and had an awesome night! :)



The lovely ladies pictured with Alex: Mrs. Werner, the principal and his super awesome, amazing teacher Mrs. Matejka.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

That 3rd photo cracks me up.

Aunt Jennifer said...

I enjoyed being at graduation. Thank you for sharing this precious moment with the family! He looked so grown up in his cap and gown.