Friday, May 21, 2010

Fire Flies & Other Miscellany...

I experienced a rush of memories as I watched Alex delight in fire flies lighting up our yard this evening. Who as a kid didn't love trying to catch the magical lightening bugs and put them in a baby food jar with holes punched out in the lid? Fire flies always mark for me the imminent arrival of summer. That along with Alex finishing up his very last week in kindergarten!







Today, A.J. took Ayson back to the pediatrician again. Beside the fact he has still been running a fever (for almost a week now), he has continued to sleep horribly, and has been really lethargic during the day. Newly added to the list was that he was having a hard time balancing and fell a number of times. So it turns out he had an ear infection. Already after one dose of medicine this morning, I swear I've seen a difference. Here is hoping tonight we all finally have a good night of sleep!

And in my "only a boy would say this" section: as we were driving home from school Alex spied a dog taking care of his business - if you know what I mean. After a minute or two, he said in a very sincere voice, "I wish I was a dog. I wouldn't have to wear any clothes and then I could go poop outside and not have to worry about wiping." What can a mom say to that? :)

2 comments:

Cari said...

Laughing out Loud!!!

Malinda said...

I know this is very "hill billy like", but we used to smash them and smear the glow stuff on our arms so we would glow.