Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Field Day...

I love the last week of school! There is an energy in the air amongst the kids and the teachers as well. Summer is within reach!

Yesterday the school held it's annual Field Day all afternoon. The kids were randomly put on teams by color and then spent the afternoon participating in all sorts of fun team games. You know what was so great? The older kids were so good with the younger ones - cheering them on, encouraging them, giving them high fives at the end of events - it was a real encouragement to the little ones and really made them feel like they were part of the team.

A.J. and I got such a kick out of watching everyone and found ourselves cheering wildly for Alex's blue team. The only thing better would've been if I could have been out there myself! :)



Alex yelling "hustle!" to some of his team mates before the watermelon roll was about to begin.



Getting ready for the balloon toss...this ended up being a quick game for Alex and his friend Nathan!



Action shot of the ladder race. :)



Shooting hoops - not easy when you're only 46 inches and weigh 37 pounds!



Getting ready for the tug of war. So much fun!

Completely non-related, I haven't been to the local mall in easily eight months. Yesterday morning I ran in for a quick trip after getting Ayson's hair cut. I wanted to stop in Ann Taylor Loft & Gap to pick up a few summer things. To my shock I discovered that the Loft is no longer there. Are you kidding me? Yes, I know there is still another Loft in FW but come on! I guess I need to get out to the "big city" a little more! :)


1 comment:

Katherine said...

Thanks for the photos of field day! It looks like it was tons of fun. Your comment about the mall & the Loft makes me laugh - I think I must make it to the mall about as frequently as you do. Don't give up hope though, the Loft by Central Market is pretty nice!