The spring temperatures of Texas cannot be beat. I love seeing the boys playing outside all day long. I love lounging on the back deck and talking with A.J. while we sip wine and smell the salmon filets cooking on the grill. I love the smell of the fresh air blowing through our open windows. I love the simplicity of our days like this.
Alex & his buddy Kylie played for hours outside yesterday. They made up their own scavenger hunt, built a fort (complete with an animal trap so that they could catch & kill their dinner), and they also found a little grass snake. They played with that poor little thing in the sandbox, while they drew with sidewalk chalk, and carried it everywhere in a little purple bucket for at least an hour. At one point, they wanted to bring it inside - I hid my panic well and told them it was an outdoor creature that should remain out. Finally A.J. told Alex it was looking like it needed to go back to it's home so it was eventually set free. I'm sure the snake had a rapt audience as it told it's fellow snakes about it's harrowing experience that afternoon.
Alex & his buddy Kylie played for hours outside yesterday. They made up their own scavenger hunt, built a fort (complete with an animal trap so that they could catch & kill their dinner), and they also found a little grass snake. They played with that poor little thing in the sandbox, while they drew with sidewalk chalk, and carried it everywhere in a little purple bucket for at least an hour. At one point, they wanted to bring it inside - I hid my panic well and told them it was an outdoor creature that should remain out. Finally A.J. told Alex it was looking like it needed to go back to it's home so it was eventually set free. I'm sure the snake had a rapt audience as it told it's fellow snakes about it's harrowing experience that afternoon.
Alex still carrying around the poor snake. That look on his face is what he looks like as he denies that he packed two of A.J.'s water hose attachments with sand and ruined them. I think he's trying to come up with a good, sound defense. :)
Lest I forget. Here is my grub monkey. He has been wrestling with a terrible cough which sounds suspiciously like croup, but it has not kept him from playing wholeheartedly outside. You don't need to clean your monitor screen as you look at his picture - he truly was that dirty - a nice mix of sidewalk chalk, dirt and snotty nose. But he's happy! Aren't little boys the best?! :)
1 comment:
You had me at the glass of wine and grill! I love that kids can come up with all sorts of tales for an all day adventure :)
Post a Comment