Monday, April 5, 2010

My Jedi Knight...

Saturday I took Alex to a school buddy's birthday party. It was the first party we had been to where an impersonator was a special surprise guest. I wasn't sure how well that would go over with Alex especially since the special guest was none other than Darth Vader himself. I gave Alex fair notice before the party - I didn't want him jumping out of his skin when Vader entered. This turned out to be a "kinder, gentler" Darth Vader though who did magic tricks, games and made balloon light sabers. He even sounded a bit like Barney (who could be scared of a Darth Vader with a Barney-esque voice? I'm glad to say the force was with Alex at the party, and he left a happy boy.


1 comment:

Aunt Jennifer said...

Out of curiosity, did this birthday party take place at someone's home? The poster size bride and groom could in fact be an interesting addition to any family room or a lifelike display of the pure love of that special day when one ties the knot. Again, just a curios homeowner always looking for decorating ideas.