I've been a little under the weather for the past couple of days. Nothing horrible. Just a cold. But still, it makes you just feel yuck. On the first day I was already longing for the days of feeling good again. I'm such a wimp. To make matters worse though, yesterday I discovered un bouton...
While I was in college studying le francais in France, there were two words that I learned that will forever be etched in my memory. Don't ask me why. The first was in my first week in Paris. Some friends and I went out to eat and I wanted to request a drinking straw but didn't know what a straw was called. The wait person kindly explained that it was called "une paille." Very good. Got that down.
The next learning situation occurred when I was in Tours, France. I went in to Printemps department store to the cosmetics area and went in to a sort of verbal charades trying desperately to describe the product I was looking for. "Quelques chose pour les petits choses sur le visage?" I asked pathetically. My language skills were failing me. Finally I saw a light bulb come on in the sales person's eyes. "Oh! Le bouton?!" Yes! "C'est ca!" I exclaimed, embarrassed and relieved at the same time. Le bouton. I'll never forget it...
So here I am with un bouton. A big one next to my nose. I'm miserable and want to wear a mask to cover it. I rarely have or had problems with my face breaking out, but every once in a blue moon it happens and I hate it! C'est la vie.
2 comments:
LOL, again, we are very much alike. I rarely have issues with my skin, but when I do it's most inconvenient! (here and I thought bouton was a button!-I have no language skills) I'm sure it will go quickly :)Hope you feel better very soon!
I've had a cold too!!! Coughing my head off. We could have been miserable together. Feel better soon!
Post a Comment