Alex & Ace have recently discovered one of my favorite music groups from when I was in high school. A couple evenings ago as I was prepping dinner, Alex came in to me and asked if I could play the song "Rio"...you know, by Duran Duran. The boys love this "new" to them music - and we have played "Rio" and "Hungry Like The Wolf" over and over and over again on our old record player. Yes, I said record player. As a side note, Alex asked me if records were the first version of cd's...and you can imagine his surprise when he noticed you can play both sides of a record. Boy do I feel old.
It's a fun reminder of some of my favorite high school memories. I was part of the "artsy" group of high school kids - good kids, "different" clothes purchased at the Angel Annex or Sweet Doomed Angel. Bless my dad for the number of times he stood in line (while I was in school) at the Oriental Theater in downtown Milwaukee to purchase concert tickets for me and my friends to go to various concerts of, at the time, little known British bands. He gets the biggest props however, for driving my best friend and I all the way to Madison at the Dane County Coliseum to see Duran Duran...and waiting for the duration of the concert. I think what helped my dad keep his sanity was the hope that one day I would outgrow it all and start dressing "normal" and have normal hair. After a couple of years that happened! :) I can only imagine what the teen years hold for A.J. and I! :)
1 comment:
Could you please post some photos of the hair and outfits you are talking about? lol I would love to seem them!
Post a Comment