Two weeks in a row I have gotten to go to the Fort Worth Zoo. The first go around was with Alex and his class for a field trip. At Alex's school, parent involvement is always top level. It's rare to see more than a couple of kids whose parents are not able to attend various events with them. Once at the zoo, we were pretty much set off on our own to do as we please (which I thought was a bit odd - I was expecting a bit more structure than that). Alex and I spent the first part of our time there just the two of us. Then we caught up with some friends for the remainder of the trip. The two of us had a lot of fun together!


 |
Try getting three kidlets to look at the camera and smile while they're talking & eating ice cream...not gonna happen!
Yesterday Ayson and I had a playdate at the zoo with some friends of ours. We were so not prepared for the traffic we encountered Friday morning. It took us an hour to actually get to the zoo parking (where we were directed to the back of the overflow lot) - a trip which normally would take us a total of maybe 25 minutes. It was packed the entire time we were there and even as we were leaving many hours later. But we had lots of fun! It had been a while since Ayson was at the zoo so it was fun to see what exhibits he was attracted to - the giraffes, zebras and elephants (efelans, as he calls them). I am glad I have kept my sit 'n stand stroller because even though my independent guy likes going everywhere on foot, at the zoo he was ready to hitch a ride. Don't let Ace's expression fool you - he had a great time. He & Camryn shared the back seat of the Joovy most of our time at the zoo.
Ayson attempting to smile while looking at the zebras! |
No comments:
Post a Comment