When Alex was three years old he and I were getting ready in the morning for a play date at the Fort Worth Zoo with some friends. While I was busily drying my hair, Alex was busy doing something else...lacquering his hair with a nice thick coating of Vaseline. It took about four days of hair washing before it came out.
 |
| See the high gloss sheen of his noggin? This was after I washed it twice that morning! |
 |
Cute, but no gel needed for this kid!
Fast forward four years. Alex was outside playing with a friend while I was making dinner. A.J. emerged from his office and joined me in the kitchen. We were having such a nice, uninterrupted conversation - something we haven't had in years. After a few minutes A.J. stops mid-sentence and said, "Ayson is too quiet - I'm going to check on him." He was playing in his room so I had no worries. A.J. returned and said, "You want to come see what Ayson has been up to?" I slowly walked through the dining room, then once I got to the play room it became obvious. Both scent-wise and visually. Febreeze (Linen scent) & baby powder. It was everywhere. Ayson took the Febreeze from our bathroom and the powder from his bedroom and sprayed them both everywhere. The play room, the front hall, the boys bathroom, Alex's room and his own. Using our best CSI detective skills we were able to uncover what he had done - he first emptied a half full container of Febreeze everywhere, leaving nice puddles of liquid scent on everything. Then he backtracked through and made a second run covering the Febreeze puddles with lots of baby powder. When I saw him, Ayson simply shrugged his little shoulders and innocently said with a grin, "It doesn't matter!" Okay, he was right. I mean hey, our house smells nice and clean, right? A.J. and I were able to get a laugh out of it - it was pretty funny. But he is never ever going to be allowed near Febreeze or baby powder again! |
No comments:
Post a Comment