Friday, April 8, 2011

Landscape Improvements - After...

Last Friday A.J. had three pallets of beautiful St. Augustine sod delivered to our house (by the way, I have to say my mathematical husband ordered the exact perfect amount of sod!).  What a beautiful sight that green grass was!
By 7:30 Saturday morning, A.J. and I were outside wetting the soil & laying the sod.  I'm proud to say we were quite the well-oiled sod-laying machine.  I felt like a pioneer pausing only to wipe my brow with a muddy gloved hand before grabbing another heavy square of sod.  How's that for drama? By 10:00 the job was almost complete, with A.J. only having to roll the grass.  We're praying it'll take - we did a lot of reading and talking to people "in the know" about how to lay the sod as well as how to take care of it afterwards and have followed directions carefully! We're feeling pretty good about it so far! Grow grass!! Grow!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...with great pleasure...our GRASS!!!



Still to come for spring? Flowers, mulch for flower beds and re-staining the deck!! I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks really great! Ever think about a landscaping business? Looks like you've got it down pat!

How's the watering process going? Getting any rain from up above?

Anonymous said...

Dad