Monday, March 21, 2011

Mr. Stripey...

I'm in the mood.  It's spring! Even though not officially, it's certainly close enough.  And the joy of living here in Texas is that I'll be placing these babies in the ground in the next day or two.  By early summer we'll be enjoying these lovely tomatoes [hopefully] in abundance!
Because sunny space for a garden is minimal for us, I'm only planting two tomato varieties.  If I have luck this year I may try to slowly expand to one or two more plants.  The first plant is a "Bonnie Original" - just a nice, sensible medium sized tomato.  The second is my big kahuna - Mr. Stripey.  I'm pretty psyched about this one as it produces massively large fruit.  It's in the beefsteak family I believe, and can weigh between 6 and 24 ounces! Holy moley! I'm salivating as I write this! Nothing is better than thickly sliced beefy tomatoes on a plate with a tinge of salt and some fresh basil!

No comments: