Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wet and Wild...

The past week of school for Alex has been laid back (to say the least). The theme for the week was called "Camp All Star." The kiddo went to school each day with a blanket and flashlight for the classroom camp out and then received letters and a care package from us. He's had a lot of fun this week. On Friday, they had their annual "Splash Bash," which I'm sure a majority of schools these days have at year's end. They had a cookout, lots of "party" music and wet & dry outdoor activities for everyone. I guess after stressing the kids out about the STAAR test for months on end, the month of May is just time to "let loose." :)
 Alex & his best pal, Grant.  They'll also be going to summer camp together. They're such sweet kids.
 Attempting to knock each other off of their turtles.
 Watching this relay cracked me up. Fill up sponge with water, run to poor guy laying on floatie, squeeze water from sponge in to cup that poor guy is holding to his forehead. Repeat.


Blindfolded, the kids sat on little roller thingies and attempted to squirt each other.

Oh! On Monday, Alex will get to go on a "Perfect Attendance Field Trip." I didn't even know there was such a thing. I guess that's because we've never had perfect attendance. I have a feeling it won't be a massive group of kids going on this field trip - in Alex's class, it's only he and one other boy. They're taking the lucky group to Main Event in Fort Worth to bowl and play games all day. That's a pretty good deal just for making it to school every day. Three and a half more days of school!!

No comments: