Sunday, June 16, 2013

Filling Our Days...

I'm trying to be frugal with chosen activities with the boys. I don't want to use up all the cool activities in the first week. Then I'm left hanging for the remainder of the summer! I want to do my best to be able to avoid the "I'm bored!" exclamation from the boys. So on one of our first freedom days last week, we ate lunch out on the patio,had a water balloon fight and sat on the deck for over an hour playing Would You Rather. It turned out to be an awesome afternoon and a great kick off to our many summer days together coming up.
I filled about 60 balloons for the boys to have some fun with. Do you know how fast those balloons disappear? I thought it might be an experience reminiscent of my school days when we kids would all engage in a snowball fight and have a blast until somebody got a snowball in the face or down the back of their neck! We all know that is when the fun comes to an abrupt halt! But the boys kept their happy spirits going full steam ahead as you can tell by their faces...


 And then some relaxation time: ice cream sandwiches and a fun game of Would You Rather...to bring about laughter and good conversation.


No comments: