Thursday, May 23, 2013

Birth Mom...

We were long overdue for a visit with Candice, Ayson's birthmom. The last time we saw her was last September, Ayson's birthday month. I don't know why we let so much time get way. But life has a way of doing that. She graduated and ended up getting a job with the same people she interned with in college (hurray!!) so she's busy, to say the least. She and her family came to our house for a Saturday afternoon cookout with lots of playtime for the kids and chatty time for the adults.

I don't even have to mention any more that we just love Candice and her family. A friend the other day asked if our birth mom tried to be "the mom" when she was around Ayson. I told her that no, that never has happened; and that Candice refers to herself (and Ayson does as well) by her name. He knows who she is though. We don't hide it from him. It's an important part of his identity, and so we explain openly to him, as he is ready. It's a very matter of fact thing. But he deserves to be able to have that relationship with Candice and her family. I honestly can't imagine not having our birth mom be a part of all of our lives. We are amazingly blessed - plain and simple.

 The four kids playing on the water slide and having the time of their lives!
 Candice and Ayson

I will stand up for Candice and tell you she doesn't have a double chin!! - It's just the positioning because of her holding Ace! :)

No comments: