Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's Going Swimmingly...

I guess you could say our summer is going along swimmingly.  It has been consistently busy and, I dare to say pleasant, since school let out.  Alex and Ayson have had swim lessons and we've managed to be in a pool or some cool water source just about every day.  We are grateful for friends with pools who invite the kids (and me) over for a dip - having that has spoiled us.  Our home feels perpetually "beach-y" - endless swimsuits strewn about the house, flip flops and crocs tossed on the floor in the laundry room along with a collection of beach towels that are being washed on an almost daily basis.
Alex working on his diving.  He has come a long way since last spring, a year ago, when he was utterly terrified of the idea of swimming! Now I've got a kid who loves swimming and being in the water!

This evening we layer in another activity, the summer evening session of golf lessons for Alex; but this time only once a week.  


Of course the one thing that falls to the wayside when I get too busy and have not remained organized is my meal planning.  Last week was awful.  Our dinners consisted mainly of mac & cheese, leftover pasta, and whatever I could scrounge up in the pantry or fridge - which in our case didn't consist of much since I was long overdue for a trip to the grocery store.  So in an effort to hold myself accountable this week, here is my meal plan and I have every intention of being prepared and sticking to it!!!


*Spinach apple salad with maple-bacon vinaigrette & blt's with applewood smoked bacon and homegrown tomatoes
*Grilled salmon with marmalade-dijon glaze, orange quinoa salad and fresh fruit.
*Homemade pizza margherita & salad
*Orange-ginger chicken slaw & fresh fruit
*Salmon patties & pasta salad & fresh fruit


That'll take us through the end of the week! We'll see how it goes this time around - anything is an improvement from last week! :)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I'd like reservations for five, please.