Monday, January 2, 2012

Don't Fall!!

So the stressful side of Christmas was actually quite bizarre.  Our first full day in Minnesota, A.J. and my Dad were by the hockey rink behind my parent's house.  They were goofing around pulling the boys on the ice while the boys sat in sleds.  Long story short, my poor Dad ended up slipping and hitting his head (hard) on the ice.  He was completely knocked out and suffered a healthy concussion that caused him repeated problems throughout our visit.  He eventually had to spend a number of days at the hospital until his system finally stabilized and recovered from the trauma.  I'm so relieved that he was finally able to go home last night.  That news made my day.  And the entire event was a reminder of how thankful I am for both my parents! That's all I'm going to say about it!! :) Next year for Christmas we decided we're getting my parents ice cleats and helmuts - no more accidents! Shhh! Don't tell!! :)

No comments: