Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TP or not TP, That Is The Question...

This past Saturday evening, two junior high girls came to our door from a house across the street. They were well-mannered and asked if they could get a roll of toilet paper because they had run out at their house. Okay. I've never had a request quite like that before. I was a bit suspicious so I flat-out asked them if they were planning on toilet papering a house. No they said innocently. Okay. Still suspicious but not wanting to be a mean neighbor, I gave them a roll (of our remaining Cottonelle); and I watched them as they ran back across the street and in to the house. Satisfied that it was a legitimate request, though quite bizarre, I went back to getting the boys ready for bed...

Sunday afternoon I got in my car and headed for Kroger to pick up a few groceries. As I was driving down the street a scene caught my eye. There waving in the wind on trees and bushes were streams of toilet paper! Do you believe it?! I'm not positive it was the two young unsubs who stopped by my house the night before, but it certainly seems like a good probability doesn't it? All I can say is thank goodness I didn't give them my Charmin!! :)

2 comments:

Katherine said...

too funny. Do you think they can't take from the tp cabinet at their house? Is it monitored like a liquor cabinet???

Malinda said...

I thought the same thing, was their TP under lock and key?

That is a very funny story though!